Moissanite engagement rings come in a variety of colours, although the most popular colour is a colourless or near-colourless option that is similar to a diamond. Moissanite is available in several shades, including white, grey, green, yellow, and blue. Whether you choose a solitaire, three-stone, or halo setting, a coloured moissanite engagement ring is sure to be a unique and eye-catching choice that will stand out from traditional diamond engagement rings.
Here are some of the most common colour options for moissanite engagement rings:
- Colourless: This is the most popular colour option for moissanite engagement rings. It is similar to a diamond and has a bright, clear, and sparkly appearance.
- Near-colourless: This option has a slight hint of colour, which can range from a pale yellow to a light brown. It is still a popular choice for those who want a more affordable option than a diamond but with a similar look.
- Yellow: Moissanite is available in shades of yellow, ranging from light yellow to bright yellow. It is a unique option for those who want a more colourful engagement ring.
- Green: Green moissanite is rare but highly sought after. It has a unique and vibrant green hue that can be used to create stunning engagement rings.
- Gray: Gray moissanite is a unique option for those who want a more understated engagement ring. It has a subtle, cool-toned colour that is different from other moissanite options.
- Blue: Blue moissanite is a rare and stunning option for an engagement ring. It has adeep, rich blue colour that is similar to a sapphire.
- Pink: Pink moissanite can be set in a variety of settings, such as rose gold, white gold, or platinum, which can complement and enhance the colour of the stone.
- Red: Red moissanite is a rare and stunning gemstone that can make for a truly unique and special engagement ring. It is a lab-created gemstone that has a deep, rich red colour, similar to a ruby.
Moissanite is known for its affordability compared to diamonds, making it a popular choice for those who want the look and sparkle of a diamond without the high cost. In general, moissanite is significantly less expensive than diamonds of similar size and quality, with prices typically ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a high-quality stone.
The cost effectiveness of moissanite is due to the fact that it is a lab-created gemstone, which means that it can be produced at a lower cost than natural gemstones like diamonds. Additionally, moissanite has a high refractive index, which means it can create a similar level of sparkle and brilliance as a diamond.
While moissanite can be a cost-effective alternative to diamonds, it’s important to keep in mind that the cost will vary depending on the size, cut, and quality of the stone. Additionally, some higher-end moissanite, such as those with more colour or fire, may be more expensive than others.
Overall, moissanite can be a great option for those who want a beautiful, high-quality gemstone at a more affordable price point than a diamond.